Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mana from the sky.

I currently am using the family computer in the kitchen at our house to do most of my work .  One of my first goals is to create an office space.  One of my children is in school full time, but his younger brother is in half day kindergarten which means he's home at 11:30.  I'm finding it difficult to remain focused in the common area of our home.  I have some savings, but it looks like I'll have to find a part time job to get me through some of the initial costs of my first app.  I have an additional goal to find funding for a laptop and to create the space I need to work more efficiently.  I love my boys and find it hard to ignore them when they want to show me how high they can jump.

I would like to avoid the option of finding part time work as this will detract from my end goal of supporting our family through my work as a mobile app developer using HTML5.  I'm a man on a mission and would like to remain focused on the task at hand.  I have thus, decided to seek out crowdsource funding.  I been to the Kickstarter.com site, but they only allow funding for projects in the U.S. and the U.K..  Today I'll try to find some sites that are open to Canadian residents.  Fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate